Lock up before you hop off this Easter
Remember to lock up this Easter holiday break. With many people taking the opportunity to go away for a long weekend, thieves will be on the lookout for your valuables!
At Aztech Integrated Systems, we encourage householders to pay particular attention to home security during the holiday periods. By taking a few simple steps, you can substantially reduce the risk of a break in.
Here are five straightforward tips on how to improve your home security:
- It’s the most basic of security tips but often overlooked – lock up! If you have arranged for someone to come over and feed your pet or water your plants, do not leave keys hidden outside the house – give them directly to the person responsible.
- If you are going away, make your house look lived in. Put your mail on hold or have it collected. Hang some old washing on the line and ensure rubbish bins are not left out on the nature strip.
- Don’t make it easy for would be burglars. Remove items from around your premises that may be used as a makeshift ladder and facilitate entry. Secure your garage, shed and tools that may be used to force entry.
- Don’t advertise you’re away. Be mindful of images and location information that you share on social media – check privacy settings and disable location services.
- If you have a security alarm, ensure it is maintained in good working order by a licensed security technician and monitored by a back to base monitoring centre.
If you have any questions about the security of your home or business over the Easter long weekend, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 810 651.
We hope that you and your family have a safe and enjoyable Easter break.
Aaron & the team at Aztech Integrated Systems.